Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The road to recovery from disease and ailment can involve lots of patience and heartbreak. My story would be no different from those who have faced the challenges of battling cancer and other related conditions.

At the age of 19, I suddenly discovered that I could not walk or even hold a spoon with firm grip. I was rus...hed to a competent medical doctor, who quickly referred me to a neurologist at the Mt Elizabeth Hospital. He quickly diagnosed me with two pitutary schwannomas in the brain.

The road to recovery has been eventful, with the residual cells of the tumour growing at least twice.
They had to be removed with gamma knife treatment. Since then, I've also experienced some memory lapses and been diagnosed with Attention Hyperactivity Deficit Disorder.

I am now a teacher at a Secondary School in Singapore and it is with great confidence that I say that all obstacles can be overcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment